Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Like Beautiful Things. But Don't We All?

Today I came across Suzanne Ford's blog and it must be the most beautiful thing I've seen (as far as blogs go). I'm so envious of her job - traveling around the world for great vintage finds. I don't think it could get better than that.


I'm in love with this whole ensemble. This is totally something I'd wear to my semi-formal. Why not prom? Well, this year I'm going for a long gown (a fait par moi) and the whole shebang. But how I wish there were three proms! It's so stressful choosing the right dress - I feel so much pressure to have the best dress, even if no one else cares :)


(photo by Bruno Dayan)
*let it be known clicking on the image below will bring you to the original blog post, ctrl+click (for PCs) or apple+click (for macs) to open in a new window*
These are some killer shoes. AND killer hair (left). How I'd love to own a pair of shoes like those one day. Someday....


(photo by Bruno Dayan)
*let it be known clicking on the image below will bring you to the original blog post, ctrl+click (for PCs) or apple+click (for macs) to open in a new window*
This is how I dream. All day, every day.


(another photo from www.smvblog.com, Suzanne Ford's blog)
On a different note (but speaking of dreams), this house reminded me of a dream I had recently. In my dream I was walking up to a mansion, which I assumed was my own. The mansion was like one of those plantation houses, majestic and luxurious. To the side was just large expansive land. No trees were on the property except those surrounding it, just clean cut greener than green grass stretching at least an acre. It seemed to be a mix of old country and urban. It was beautiful.
Of course my dream decided it wanted to become a nightmare so upon entering my room I was attacked by a man. An high adrenaline fight ensued... and then I woke up.
The feeling of walking across that lawn and knowing that it was mine gave me such feelings of joy and pride that it is my goal to one day own such a place. I'll just make sure to have better security.

No comments:

Post a Comment