Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Notes of Noteworthiness, I Suppose


I've been meaning to buy this Kat Von D tattoo liner (eye liner $18) but after the last Sephora haul back in December my makeup funds went way south. Unfortunately that means I'll probably have to wait till my birthday. Anywho, I'm very interested in this product because while some might not like such a thick line, I have a flair for dramatic makeup and this liquid liner is right up my alley. Plus! I have this great proclivity (apologies, I took a 90 word vocab quiz today) to draw on myself. Sharpie typically is my weapon of choice, but now every time I draw on my arm it starts to tingle strangely and I've probably inhaled permanent marker fumes like no other. Ergo, a new mock-tattoo drawing utensil is ideal. (I'd be really excited to see how long the "tattoo" would last)

On a different note, today in personal finance we were supposed to come up with our "elevator speeches". This basically is the scenario where you see someone that you'd love to meet (typically an industry professional in the career choice to which you aspire) and you have to grab their attention/complete your goal . You goal can be anything from getting an internship or getting tips on (fill in the blank) . I actually had a lot of fun thinking up a chance encounter with someone like Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino Garavani, Marc Jacobs (I know they're all well known, but they sure know their stuff).
What I want to know is who would YOU like to meet/why and what would you say to them?

Also school related, in photography we had to research a famous photographer. My partner and I wanted to do Jerry Uelsmann but he was already taken by the time we were resolute in our choice. As a result, I feel it's only fair I should share his brilliance to you all, if not to the classmates of my photog class.




favorite (below)

No comments:

Post a Comment